I got out of a meeting late today so had to miss pilates (sad). But instead it gave me a chance to mix things up and do my own leg workout. I love to workout my legs. That’s what I would do every day if I could but my knees don’t really think that’s cool. Luckily they cooperated today and my knees were only slightly sore on the walk back to my office. We’ll see how they feel tomorrow. I’ve got to get these puppies in shape. I leave for Maui in a week! Need to look good in my shorts.
For this workout, I did my 3 sets of leg press all together to start things off and then ended with the 3 sets of my leg extensions. For the rest of the workout I did 1 set and moved through all the exercise and then repeated for a total of 3 sets on each thing. Make sense? After this I did 15 min on the rowing machine and 15 min on the treadmill, 4.0 at a 5% incline.
- Leg press – on a machine. 3 sets. 15 reps. 60 pounds (my knees did not like this)
- Parallel Bench Squats – 3 sets, 15 – 20 reps with 20 lbs. Stand in front of a weight bench, legs parallel, knees over toes, squat down so that your butt just barely touches the bench. Stand, repeat.
- Plié/sumo squats – 3 sets, 15- 20 reps. Weightless. Stand in an exaggerated plié/ sumo stance (toes should be pointed out). Squat down so your legs are parallel to the ground. Return to standing.
- Step Ups – stand in front of a weight bench with 10 lb weights in each hand. Start with the right leg and step up on the bench, raise your left knee. Step down with your left leg. Repeat. 20 reps on each leg. 3 sets.
- Deadlift + bicep curl. 10 points in each hand. Straight leg dead lift into a bicep curl. 3 sets, 12 reps.
- Standing lateral leg raises. 3 sets, 20 reps on each leg.
- Calf Raises. Holding 20 pounds. 20 calf raises with legs parallel, 20 in turn out. 3 sets.
- Dumbbell side bend – 3 sets, 20 reps. 25 pounds in on hand, bend to the side and use your obliques to pull you up.
- Balancing leg extensions – not sure what to call these. I sat on a weight bench, balanced so my legs were elevated and then straightened/bent them to do an ab crunch. 3 sets of 25.
- Leg extensions – on the machine. 3 sets. 12 reps. 30lbs. (Also killed my knees)