Nope, sorry. Actually earlier this week, Sara and Julia, at Across country quilts gave me a Liebster award (and Liebster sounds like Bieber…so there you go).
I had to do a little research on this since I’m new to this whole blog world. Turns out, Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
I’m all up for something like this. I love telling people when I’ve found a great blog but the problem is I’m not entirely sure how to tell if a blog has 200 followers or less. My guess is that some or maybe all of these blogs are followed by a lot of people. Figuring, if I’ve found them, so have other people. So to the below blogs that I mention, please do not be offended if you have more than 200 followers. I’m certainly not trying to say you are a new blog or that no one reads you. You just happen to be some blogs that I enjoy reading and think others might too. Sorry if that breaks the rules of the Liebster but it’s my blog and that’s how we roll over here.
A Tall Drink of Me. Steph loves healthy eating and fitness and just moved to New York for a new job and a fantastic life adventure
You Say it Best. Mandee is a runner, a pilates instructor and shares tons of delicious recipes and restaurant reviews.
Barefoot Being – A great blog with healthy recipes (using natural, local ingredients) and various other posts including topics in the news like pink slime (eww) and food labeling.
The Healthy Diva – Sarah is dedicated to living a healthy balanced life of fitness, good food, happiness and self love. And the other day she referenced my favorite children’s book (if you give a mouse a cookie) in her post.
Fit and Fun in Third: A newlywed 3rd grade teacher who writes about staying fit and having fun.
And 5 random facts about me:
- I hate foods that don’t have any texture in them – jello, mouse, yogurt, whipped cream, soups… something about the smoothness makes me want to gag. I always have to mix something crunchy in with it.
- Every girl on my mom’s side of the family has a boy name – Jeri, Randi, Tracy, Billie… when I was born, Whitney was actually a boys’ name (there’s a Facebook group for boys named Whitney). Right after I was born, Whitney Houston became famous and Whitney became primarily a girls name. To keep this tradition alive, I already have the perfect dual gender name picked out for if we ever have a little girl.
- My favorite show of all time is Dawson’s Creek. I’d like to think I was Joey Potter and that Chris was Pacey (although he disagrees and thinks he’s Dawson…put Pacey got the girl right?)
- I’ve never needed braces or contacts.
- My favorite thing to do in the entire world is lay on a dock, on a lake, and read a book.