Today I can’t wait to wear this shirt (under my layers of black…down vest, rain jacket etc – 48 degrees at kickoff).
I’m so proud of my husband for helping to bring this to market :) Go here for some info on the whole Beaver juice story.
In other orange juice news, I used the freshly squeezed variety to make a super tasty dinner earlier this week.
Orange Paleo Chicken (adapted from original recipe here)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 T coconut oil
- juice of 2 oranges
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 t fresh ginger
- 3 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 T sriracha
In a medium size sauce pot, add the orange juice, zest, ginger, soy sauce and sriracha. Set over medium heat and let simmer to reduce and thicken while the chicken cooks. For the chicken – heat coconut oil over medium high heat in a separate pan. Add the chopped chicken and cook until a nice brown crust has developed on the chicken pieces, about 6 minutes). Add the chicken to the sauce pot and stir to coat with the orange sauce. These were the directions from the original recipe which I followed. However, to cut down on pans I think you would be fine to cook the chicken until almost done and then just add all the sauce mix to the chicken and let everything thicken that way.
Serve over quinoa with a side of spicy green beans (olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, cooked over medium heat).
And unrelated to orange juice but more related to my overall health – I finished week two of the new job and am still alive (but tired). I also managed to get in a workout every day this week even though some of it had to happen before and after work. Here’s how they shook out:
- Monday – Lunchtime pilates (with new work friends) + 30 minute incline treadmill walk after work
- Tuesday: 45 minute run on the treadmill before work
- Wednesday: 30 min cardio + lunchtime pilates (leaving a few minutes early)
- Thursday: Quick 2.5 mile run after work on a new to me trail while waiting for Chris to get out of a meeting
- Friday: 30 minutes of elliptical intervals + 30 minute butts & Guts class with my new workout pal Laura.
And finally, I wrapped up the week with half a high school football game (sideline view was nice).
Followed by dinner and a delicious sour beer at the Racoon.
And a cider at Journey’s.
And that brings me to now. Off to pull myself together for game day. Hope you all have great Saturdays.